The VDV MapMaster combines continuity testing, mapping and tone generator functions into a single unit. Capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time.Tests CAT-6, Cat-5e, Cat-5, Cat-4, Cat-3 and coax cables.
The VDV MapMaster combines continuity testing, mapping and tone generator functions into a single unit. Capable of identifying and mapping 19 locations at one time. Whether your jobs are commercial or residential, the versatility of the VDV MapMaster makes it an installers best friend!
- Tests Voice (6 wire), Data (8 wire) and video (coax)
- Easy to read, extra large 7-segment LCD screen with large icons
- Tone generator with selectable tone cadence and selectable pins carrying tone
- RJ (Voice & Data) master remote stores in bottom of case
- Map 19 locations at one time, remotes sold separately
- Tests and indicates pins with shorts, opens reversals, miswires and split pairs
- Displays 'Pass' icon for correctly wired T568A/B 8 & 6 pin and crossover/uplink
- Low power consumption for long battery life
- Auto Power-Off
- Made in the USA
Tests CAT-6, Cat-5e, Cat-5, Cat-4, Cat-3 and coax cables
- Tests shielded cables
- Mapping - video and data cables can be connected to their respective remotes at the same time to improve testing efficiency of 'tech' cable (both data & coax cables in one jacket)
- Patch cables may be tested without removing the master remote from storage
- Mapping - optional data and video, custom ID remotes (numbered 1 thru 19) for locating cable runs to wall outlets are available (see accessories)
- Cable test results displayed in wire map format with connector pin numbers
- Voltage detection warning icon
- LOOP ON - sets up continuous mode which is useful for trouble shooting intermittent problems
- RJ Cable Length: 1000'
- Minimum cable length for split pairs detection. 1.5 feet
- Maximum coax cable length: Cable resistance varies.
- Size: 6.4 x 2.8 x 1.4 inches
- Weight: 9.0 oz. (Including battery and remote)
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122 F
- Storate Temperature: -4 to 140 F
- Humidity: 10% to 90% non-condensing
- Battery life active: 425 hours (9V alkaline)